Thanksgiving is upon us, and if the kitchen intimidates you more than your mother-in-law's judgmental looks, fear not! We've cooked up some simple, badass recipes that will not only taste delicious but make it seem like you actually give a shit.
If anyone asks, you made it from scratch.
Spicier than your aunt’s political opinions
- 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup fresh jalapenos, chopped
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp honey (optional, for a sweet kick)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Grease a baking dish or cast-iron skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, milk, and eggs. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in the shredded cheddar cheese and chopped jalapeños.
- Add a tablespoon of honey, if desired.
- Pour the melted butter into the batter and gently stir until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish or skillet. Smooth the top with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cornbread to cool slightly before slicing. Serve with an extra drizzle of honey, if desired.
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Aka instant potatoes + add your own fricken toppings
- 1 package of family sized instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup crispy bacon bits
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 jalapeños, deseeded and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Follow instructions on the instant mashed potatoes package.
- While potatoes are still hot, mix in the shredded cheddar cheese, ¼ cup crispy bacon bits, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mixture to serving dish, and sprinkle the green onions, jalapeños, and the rest of the bacon bits on top.
- Add a dollop of sour cream before serving, or serve on the side for guests to dress to their liking.
15-Minute Italian Sausage Stuffing
Boxed dressing dressed in a tuxedo t-shirt
- 6 oz box stuffing mix
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Cook Italian sausage, celery, and onion in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain any fat.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, chicken stock, and butter.
- Bring mixture to a boil then stir in stuffing mix. Remove from heat. Let stand for five minutes, fluff with a fork, and serve.
THE QUICKEST SOLUTION
Because who really has time anymore?
Buy your favorite dish from a local restaurant, scoop into a serving bowl, and call it a day. Accept the credit. No one will know.
DON'T FORGET THE BEVERAGES
Offering superior all-day drinkability for your guests
Entertain with KEY Sparkling Water. With a refreshing taste and the right amount of bubbles to avoid bloat, guests will have room for seconds. Chill cans and serve as a ready-to-enjoy mocktail, or add to the beverage cart to serve as a mixer.